Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Rotten bits

Back from Texas! What a whirlwind! It always is, and it's always worth it.

Now back to work! And blogging, which is not work, but should be (as in, I wish I was getting paid to do this, because obviously that would be sweet).

Onto the bits of rotten goodness that you should not let slip into the blogosphere without watching, reading, or noting for later consumption.

Let's begin with one of my favorite topics: zombies. As you should know, I love me some corpsified-flesh-munchers. They are by far my favorite of the "classic" monsters: vampires, werewolves, those guys. So it should be no surprise that I find myself more exited for the beginning of AMC's The Walking Dead than I have been for any premier I can possibly remember. Will it live up to my expectations, or to its own hype? Only time will tell. But until then, I hope to enjoy what's sure to be one of the best-remembered stunts of this year: a "worldwide zombie invasion."

"Sky-Net Watch" continues today with this update: Apparently, they can now make us pancakes. Delicious, can't-wait-to-overthrow-the-human-race-pancakes. This isn't too concerning in and of itself, but when they start butchering animals for us...wait, this just in... They did what!?

And because in America, where enough is never quite enough, ScyFy chanel execs announced recently that there will be yet another, yes another, Battlestar Gallactica spinoff-prequel-thingy.

As for another extremely well-loved series, the Peter Jackson directed adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkein's The Hobbit, has finally found itself a Bilbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment