Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Tweeting about bombs isn't cool, and other words of wisdom.

When I first saw this sculpture, all my Sky Net Watch alarms went off. But, like the coat on a hat stand that scares you every time you walk into a room, it's nothing to fear. Right?

Just so we're clear, it is not a good idea to tweet about blowing up airports. Also, do not pretend you are God on a social networking site. I'm just sayin'.

Let me see here, Jason Segal (How I Met Your Mother), Danny Trejo & Donal Glover (Community), Jane Lynch, and Muppets. Yes, your Monday is looking better, isn't it? HT to Linda Holmes.

So, you know Quidditch. It's the sport all the budding magicians love and play in the Harry Potter books. And, as you may know, it's played while flying around on broomsticks. So, when I heard that there was a real, live Quidditch tournament held over the weekend, I was...skeptical, let's say.


This is just a plain fascinating story about economics, copper, and big-ass, ancient Buddha statues.

And Hugh Jackman continues his adamantium-clad reign as Hollywood's most prolific comic book character in, wait for it, The Wolverine. You did not see that title coming, I know it!

And, finally, one of my favorite comic book writers, Warren Ellis, has proclaimed the "Death of Blogging." ... Well, crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment